Monday, June 18, 2007

The Day Before Week One

So here I am. Still wondering how I got here. (the triathlon & the blog, I mean) A day away from the first training session for my first Triathlon. I am still not sure if it's really happening.. if I REALLY signed up for this. But it feels good, even if it is a dream..
The story begins on a cold early wet morning in November as I did sprints around the Austin High track during my training for my first half-marathon (a remarkable event mostly because it was my first EVER attempt at anything remotely athletic). I had signed up for the program with my hubby, Arv. In fact but for him, there would have been no half-marathon for me, let alone a triathlon. His interest in Asha for Education & the marathon training program fueled my enthusiasm. An important detour in the story, but I'll return to my point.
On this particularly chilly, drizzly, fall/winter morning, as I huffed and puffed through the sprints, the banality of the routine struck me deeply. Not like training for a triathlon, I thought. Loads more fun, given the variety of activities. I reflected on that thought in surprise. Did I just think that? What made me think of training for a triathlon? I was barely making it through the half-marathon training program, and yet the excitement of a triathlon already gripped me. The triathlon seed floated stealthily into my mind and took root on that day. Soon, I could't wait for the half-marathon to be over so that I could start looking out for a tri to do.
That would be my next big thing.
And the blog? Another one of those things that popped into my head which I decided to go with.

5 comments:

gk said...

Aargh! My eyes.....the pink burns my eyes :)
Good start though....and as the governator would say....I'll be back

Navya Naveli said...

"Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is."

Vinod said...

awesome Sha! love the hot pink!!! good stuff. Please to post funny Santhosh stories also.

Charanya said...

WHAT?? And I thought your inspiration was ME?? :D

Welcome to the Tri-World fellow Iron Chick!!

Sharanya said...

Hey Char,
You'll ALWAYS be my inspiration! :) Thanks for being such a sweetheart & so supportive.