Monday, July 30, 2007

8

is the number of times I went up the Veloway Hill during my 25-mile bike ride. Can u believe I had no trouble getting up the hill?!

What Arun told me last week about getting up the hill stuck with me and has been tremendously helpful (thanks, dude) - small gear in front, biggest gear at the back. And while others may have told me that before, I only understood how to work the gears on a my bike last week. Arv watched me get up the hill unsuccessfully, and pointed out I had been on the wrong gears even after I thought I had shifted them. As it turns out, I was doing them backwards! Now that I know which gears are controlled by which side of the bike handles, it is MUCH easier.

It's a great feeling to know I can ride 25 miles. (who would have thought it??) I think I've had enough of the Veloway. It's time to venture out.

The 6-mile run on Sunday through Town Lake was fun. I was there at 7am to begin my workout. I can't believe I woke up that early to do a workout! Arv didn't come with me that day, and I ran with Steph and her friend Elizabeth. We ran a decent pace, and after the run, I didn't even feel pooped. Freakin awesome.

2 comments:

Charanya said...

Excellent!! I run at Town Lake on Sunday morning as well! Ping me if you ever need company!! :)

Sush said...

Awesome ! Babe you are doing great.
You have inspired me to Tri. Seriosuly. I am doing one Next year(or earlier). Promise. I will be up and running and in shape by then and I will have enough time to train as well.
Also read your blog on nutrition needs. I have answered those questions. The XS drinks take 15-20 mins for their peak performance to kick in. Keep that in mind!

Keep on keepin' on !
Sush
P.S. I like the one liner - " The secret to Tri is not to try but do it !" ..something like that !